Monday, November 3, 2014

Busy Like a Bee!



I added two additional texts to my VMware library!  Yay!  So what did I get?

"Networking for VMware Administrators" (VMware Press Technology review here) by Christopher Wahl, and Steve Pantol, and  "Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5" (Wiley review here) by Scott Lowe.

I plan to nail down VMware and in order to do that I really need to know how systems communicate via the VMware networks.  Ever had that funny suspicion that you thought that you knew a topic, and were able to make use of an attribute like networking in VMware vSphere, and then saw that there existed a 368 page tome on the subject matter?  Yep.  Well, I think the fact that anyone can fire up VMware vSphere and create systems and then network them goes to show how well the software and hardware engineers at VMware wrote vSphere, but that does not in any way mean that you understand VMware vSphere networking.  Having covered the CCNA once, I'll tell you, if you don't already know...networking can bite you and I'm hoping to avoid that.  So we will see what this text is all about in the coming weeks.  I'm expecting a much needed review of networking materials, which will be great, but I'm also expecting to learn a ton about how VMware processes packets!

As for "Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5" I already own a copy of the 5.0 text, have read more than 75% of it, and it was awesome, and I need a complete review of the new system.  I'll be conducting a move from 5.0 to 5.5 this month and this text and the networking text hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment