Monday, October 13, 2014

My Certification Quest!

Welcome to my adventure to become VMware Certified!

I'm @GeneticSequence on Twitter and I follow several areas of tech, my favorite being VMware.  Having followed the subject VMware for some time, I decided that this would be a great opportunity for me to explore VMware, become more visible on Twitter and give all that I can from an entry level perspective.

I'm rolling with some heavy hitters in the VMware world and do not consider myself an expert.  I hold a BS in MIS from Iowa State University, have an AAS in Cisco Internetworking which covers the CCNA, have been using VMware solutions since around 2001, have complete a week long Microtrain, VMware vSphere 5 Ultimate Bootcamp for VMware Certified Professional (VCP), covering ESXi and vSphere backup, vCenter licensing, server and VM monitoring, patching, security, and storage. I also have my own home lab, which is getting added too this Christmas.

I will be writing about VMware Hands on Labs, the path to certification, migration from VMware vSphere 5.0 to the most recent version of vSphere with Operations Management, as well as the possible use of several other VMware solutions hardware permitting, and reviews of texts related to the certification path.

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely participating. Will try to post equally to my tech blog and food blog, since the last blog challenge I did (in August-September) ended up being more like a 10%/90% tech/food split.

    ReplyDelete